Doll Clothes are Only the Beginning!
If you're looking to outfit your doll, you've come to the right place! Learn about doll clothes sewing techniques, fabrics, trims, doll photography and fun ways to enhance your doll play and collecting experience.
Hi and welcome to our website. DE (Darling Elizabeth) has been
making doll clothes for over 40 years. She designs the patterns
and makes practically all her clothes from scratch. She creates
doll hats and doll shoes as well. And here's the good news, we want to share this knowledge with you.
So who's your favorite doll? Is she an American Girl or a baby doll? An Asian ball-jointed doll? Perhaps she's a vintage doll or something in between? There's sure to be something here for you.
Just a few of the topics you can explore are:
Basic Sewing Instruction
Ask Elizabeth (FAQ and replies)
Are you looking for fabric? Well here you go..
Fabric.com Coupon Corner
But that's not all. Does your doll need a wig? How about eyes? Want to learn how to re-string a doll? Or for you BJD owners, how about a
glue sueding tutorial? Terrific! We're here to help you.
What about just plain fun? We like to play with our dolls too!
We create costumes, stories, and displays which we photograph and
share with others. Some of our photographs and stories have appeared in national doll magazines.
As you can see, this site isn't just about doll clothing. It's about making doll collecting more enjoyable for you. I hope we accomplish our goal. Oh and by the way, my name is Frank. My job is to take the pictures and say sweet things about my Darling Elizabeth (DE).
This is a brand new site and is being updated on a regular basis. There are lots of pages yet to come. If you found us at this early stage keeping checking back.
Interested in signing up for our latest news and information in the world of dolls and doll clothes? Subscribe to our free monthly newsletter entitled "Dolls in Focus".
Are you looking for something you saw on our site but forgot exactly where it was? No problem. Search for it here......
- Free Patterns For Making Doll Clothes
- Free patterns for doll clothes and how to use them
- Doll Tutorials Page
- Doll tutorials found on this site as well as other places
- The Right Sewing Fabric Choices for Your Doll Clothes
- Making the right sewing fabric choices for your doll clothes makes all the difference.
- A portfolio of doll clothes
- Sewing doll clothes has always been DE's passion. Want to see some of the doll clothing she has made?
- Sewing Questions
- Do you have sewing questions? Are you stuck somewhere in your dolly project and don't know what to do..then
- A Doll Photography Tutorial of Tips and Tricks
- This doll photography tutorial of tips and tricks may help you improve your shot.
- Machine Eats Fabric
- Help ! My sewing machine eats fabric!
- The BJD
- Just what is a bjd anyway? What do I need to know to outfit it?
- Great Doll Links Relating to Clothes, Shops, Photos, Props and More
- Awesome doll links and some banner links to tell others about us
- Bjd Tutorial On How To Glue Suede Your Doll
- Here's a BJD tutorial on the fine art of glue sueding your doll
- Doll play: Photostories, doll accessories, and more
- Some dolls don't just sit on the shelf. Doll play takes on a new meaning when dolls become actors.
- The Doll Clothes Blog
- The Doll Clothes Blog keeps you up to date on additions and changes made to pages within American-Doll-Outfitters.com website. Subscribe here.
- Sales Page
- This sales page is for items we periodically have up for sale.
- About Us
- Learn more about us and how we got into doll collecting and this website.
- Doll Photo Story Act 2
- Doll photo story Hidden Agenda Act 2
- The Pose - Photography tip 2
- The importance of the pose in doll photography
- Doll Photo Story Act 3
- Doll photo story Hidden Agenda Act 3
- Ball Jointed Doll Art: The Making of a Photograph
- Making a photograph of your ball jointed doll is an art form. Here is an article on how I do it.
- Doll Swimsuit Designs by Elizabeth (DE)
- Doll swimsuit designs recently created for the Iplehouse EID doll
- Contact Us Page
- Contact us page